- Factcheck: Is the latest Ofsted report based on sound evidence? | Full Fact (That's the report about "bright" children not achieving as they should at GCSE)
- A Maths Teacher writes… | Scenes From The Battleground Ofsted is now the problem rather than a solution
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Teaching "is not about tips for teaching, but more about the nature of education in a democratic society."
- Cameras in the Classroom: A Good Idea? More from the same blog.
- Malcolm Gladwell: Albert O. Hirschman and the Power of Failure : The New Yorker An introduction to an economist and radical thinker I had never heard of.
- The Problem With Psychiatry, the 'DSM,' and the Way We Study Mental Illness - The role of culture in the presentation of mental distress, and the limitations of exercises such as the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, from the American Psychiatric Association), the fifth edition of which has recently been published.
- How charitable are you supposed to be when criticising the views of an opponent? Advice from Daniel Dennett
- Slaves to the Algorithm | More Intelligent Life "More and more of modern life is steered by algorithms. But what are they exactly, and who is behind them?"