04 August 2014

On Master's level.

The Scottish Higher Education Enhancement Committee (SHEEC) and the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) have just published a “Mastersness Toolkit” online  which outlines the seven attributes characteristic of study at taught Master's level; Abstraction, Autonomy, Depth, Complexity, Professionalism, Research and Enquiry, and Unpredictability:


It promises to be very useful as a way of helping both students and colleagues to get their heads around what is expected at this level.

If you are interested in this, you may also like my pieces on Writing at Master's Level and the Structure of a Dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but I am afraid I have had to turn moderation back on, because of inappropriate use. Even so, I shall process them as soon as I can.